After months of waiting, I have pre-ordered Matter by Elysium Health. Why am I so excited by these purple tablets? Because with Matter, Elysium has taken a uniquely effective approach to something that is very important to me: long-term brain health.
The health of our brain is essential to becoming the best version of ourselves
Even in healthy adults, there is up to a 20% reduction in overall brain volume throughout their lifetime. Yikes. Researchers have long been looking into how to slow down this age-related shrinking of the brain and, with the introduction of Matter, we now have a clinically verified solution that is accessible to everyone.
There is nothing more terrifying to me than a potential decline in my brain health. If something were to happen to my brain, no matter how fit I am, how engaged I am with my community, I would no longer be able to be that person that I am. If our goal is to become the best version of ourselves, then the health of our brain is absolutely essential.
Elysium Health partnered with the University of Oxford, a leading institution in the field of brain aging. Matter is powered by a study conducted by The Oxford Project to Investigate Memory and Aging (OPTIMA). This project tested a specifically dosed B-vitamin complex in a 168-person, two-year clinical trial. The result? The B-vitamin complex in Matter slowed grey matter atrophy associated with memory decline in older people. In areas linked to learning and memory, this atrophy was reduced by up to 86%!
10 Reasons To Love Matter
- It does exactly what we’ve been looking for: it is clinically proven to support our brain health. This is so huge that it is difficult to fully articulate its importance. I have called my friends, young and old, and told them they absolutely need to be taking Matter every day. I consider it personally essential; a vital part of my wellness.
- Matter is backed by rigorous science. It was developed in conjunction with a team of researchers at Oxford and is backed by a two-year, 168-person clinical study. The VITACOG study, conducted in older people at the University of Oxford, demonstrated that supplementation with a specific B-vitamin complex together with a good omega-3 fatty acid status dramatically slowed age-related grey matter atrophy associated with cognitive decline in regions of the brain that are important for learning and memory by up to 86%. This was a double-blind, placebo-controlled study that was published in a peer-reviewed journal. As soon I read this I was sold.
Backed by Science
- Matter’s formulation of B vitamins matches what was found to be effective in the Oxford study. I know I am getting exactly what was proven to work.
- Below is the photo that first got my attention. It clearly shows the regions of the brain that experienced volume loss over two years. Ask yourself: which brain would you rather have?
- In the words of the world-renowned Leonard Guarente, PhD, Elysium Health chief scientist and director of the Glenn Center for Biology of Aging Research at MIT: “Matter is a science-based product for brain health consisting of a unique combination of vitamins at doses shown to reduce loss of grey matter with aging. Loss of brain matter is associated with cognitive deficits. Matter is the only such product backed by a placebo-controlled, double-blind human trial done by University of Oxford scientists.”
- Studies show that people eating a diet rich in anthocyanins-the brightly-colored pigments found in foods such as blackberries and purple potatoes- have delayed cognitive decline. “Matter contains a bilberry extract that is rich in anthocyanins, which offers additional support for long-term brain health.” Holly Holmes, Ph.D, Elysium Health Manager of Scientific Affairs.
Well Thought Out On All Levels
- Matter is a highly thought out product on all levels. The coating color comes from the bilberry extract itself. When designing Matter, the Elysium Health team looked for the best possible quality sources for ingredients and put careful thought into how they could best be incorporated.
- As shown in the Oxford study, the B-vitamin complex works best when combined with good levels of omega-3 fatty acids. The addition of omega-3s in Matter works to enhance the efficiency of the B vitamins. Matter contains 584mg omega-3s in the free fatty acid form, which includes 262mg EPA + DHA. The Dietary Guidelines for Americans (DGA) recommends two servings of fish each week, which includes 250mg of EPA + DHA. Interestingly, 80% of Americans do not consume the recommended two servings of fish each week.
Pure, Quality Ingredients
- The omega-3 in Matter is 3-5x more bioavailable than standard fish oils, which are typically ethyl esters. The unique, powdered omega-3 in Matter is not only more bioavailable (which means better absorption), but it also has no unpleasant fish smell or fishy burps.
- Every lot of Matter is third-party tested for purity and quality. The ingredients are also gluten-free. Currently, Matter is only available as a subscription — every month a new container will arrive, keeping me on track to take two tablets each day and not miss a day of improved brain health.
We only endorse products we feel are on solid scientific ground. We dug deep with the world-renowned science team at Elysium Health, asking them detailed questions about Matter. Unlike some other companies, Elysium Health develops novel products that are backed by rigorous scientific research. We are proud to be partners and to share Matter with you all. I will take Matter every day, and I recommend you do the same.
Order Matter from Elysium Health here.
So, you preorderd Matter by Elysium in July 2020. It’s the middle of November now. Have you received it yet and, if so, for how long have you been taking it? Have you noticed any difference?
It would difficult to attribute my feeling great to any single factor, that said, I take Matter every day. I feel it is a very good product.
Hi David — so Elysium doesn’t ship to London. Weird, considering I’m only a short train trip away from Oxford during normal times. Any ideas on how I can get product here? LOVE your work in general but especially on brain health. Thank you, Sarah