Dry January was the thing to do this year with publications like the Washington Post, the NY Times, and Forbes weighing in on how to do it right and all the benefits one might feel from cutting alcohol for a month. It’s no secret that the less alcohol we consume the better, so we are all about taking breaks from drinking or abstaining altogether. If you do choose to drink, it’s important to understand how it impacts your body so that you can take all necessary measures to stay hydrated, healthy, and avoid a possible headache tomorrow.
According to the Mayo Clinic, “Alcohol causes your body to produce more urine. In turn, urinating more than usual can lead to dehydration.” It’s crucial to combat dehydration from alcohol consumption by replenishing your electrolytes. Simply chugging a glass of water in between cocktails is not going to cut it. Your body needs the right balance of sodium, potassium, and magnesium to be properly hydrated. Our favorite electrolyte mix is LMNT. Not only are the flavors delicious, but they have carefully crafted the optimal balance of electrolytes leading to more hydration, faster. We have created a healthier cocktail using LMNT’s electrolytes to keep you hydrated while you drink.
Whether you did dry January, damp January, or full-on soaked January, you’re going to love this healthy take on a margarita.
Ingredients for a single
- 1 packet of LMNT Citrus Salt (check out their other flavors like “Raspberry Salt” or “Orange Salt” to add a fruity twist to your marg)
- 1.5 ounces blanco tequila of your choice
- 0.5 ounces fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sweetener of choice; we like agave or honey
- Optional: 0.5 ounces fresh orange juice
- Add all ingredients to a shaker with ice and shake well
- Rim a glass with lime juice and salt and add ice
- Strain your beverage into the glass
AGEIST readers receive a free 8-serving sample pack of LMNT with any purchase here.