Tomato soup: the coziest fall or winter dinner. Served with a buttery grilled cheese, it is the closest thing to perfection you might find.
This recipe is easy, healthy, and only uses 1 oven sheet pan and a blender, making clean up a breeze.
- 1 pound tomato of choice. I like Roma but you can use plum or cherry, too
- 8-10 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 1 white onion, peeled and quartered
- ½ cup oil of choice
- ⅓ cup chicken broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Dried Italian herbs to taste
- Basil, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- On a parchment-lined baking sheet, place tomatoes (if Roma, cut in half), garlic cloves, and onion quarters.
- Coat veggies in oil and toss well. Then space everything out so nothing is overlapping.
- Bake until tomatoes are tender, roughly 30 minutes depending on what size you are using.
- Place cooked tomatoes, garlic, onions, and ½ of the chicken broth in a high-powered blender. Blend.
- Add more chicken broth as needed to reach the desired consistency.
- Season with salt, pepper, and Italian herbs.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves and enjoy!