Sick of your usual morning oatmeal? Try these easy oatmeal banana breakfast cookies. They are perfect for on the go, school lunches, or a post-workout snack. Combining the complex carbs and sugars from the bananas and oats with the healthy fats from the coconut oil and coconut flakes with the protein from the collagen powder, these cookies are satisfying and healthy. In addition to adding protein to the cookies, collagen powder may also improve joint health and improve hair, skin, and nails.
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 cup oats
- 2 serving scoops Great Lakes Wellness Collagen, save 20% with code “AGEIST”
- ¼ cup coconut flakes
- ¼ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mash the bananas well. Make sure they are ripe and have brown spots. Because we are not adding any extra sweetener, we want to make sure we are using the sweetest bananas.
- Combine melted coconut oil with the mashed bananas.
- Combine oats, collagen, coconut flakes, chocolate chips, baking powder, and salt with bananas and coconut oil. Mix well.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with a nonstick cooking spray.
- Scoop about ¼ cup of your dough onto the baking sheet, forming cookies.
- The cookies will not expand so make sure they are in the shape that you’d like.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Once cooked through and golden, remove from the oven and let cool on a cooling rack.